Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Final Blog for x359

Final Blog Entry for:
Integrating Computer Technology into the Curriculum
Instructor: Christina Noyes
UC Berkeley x359.5

Prompt: Summarize what you learned in the class, what technologies you plan to integrate into your curriculum and how you might accomplish this. What was the most valuable idea or application you learned from this course?

I learned a tremendous amount in this course, most of which I will need to keep on learning. Some technologies, tools, and applications I learned include: social networking, blogging, video editing, google docs, doc sharing, shutterfly, webquests, Web 2.0 tools, and many other links to helpful information and resources regarding technology and education.

When and if I return to classroom teaching, I will definitely use many of the links provided in the course, including links about how to cite sources, hotlinks, webquests, and so on. I will also review the sound literature on the theory and practice of integrating technology into the classroom. I found the literature for the course very thought provoking. The umbrella question as to how technology can be used to enhance and/or undermine educational goals surfaced in many of the articles provided.

The primary way I will use what I learned from this course is simply by having more resources to provide for students when I assign them individual and group research projects. The hotlists, for example, will be helpful. The Web 2.0 technologies will be important to know about, but I admit I will need to spend more time with those to take full advantage.

The other important topic I learned about in the course was Drugs and Alcohol Abuse, as I chose to focus on this for my web quest. This was a profound education for me, and I will definitely come back to this web quest in the future.

The idea and practice of sharing information was the most valuable part of the course. Whether it is through blogging, google groups, or doc sharing, I found this new form of interaction very useful. In this course alone, I have been exposed to great new ideas for what and how to teach.

Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment